Sunday, March 10, 2013

Challenging Play

Pin It

If you have never been to the NZSU website, it is a great place to see what all the Kiwi demonstrators have been up too.  On the side you will see a list of demonstrators blogs that automatically updates as each blog is updated.  Our NZSU coordinator also chooses  the best projects of the week to highlight & this week she has given us a challenge to make a card using one of the Creative Combinations from the Colour Coach.

The Colour Coach is great when you are stuck & don’t know what colours will work together & some of them, like the ones that I have chosen will take you right out of your comfort zone.

2012-09-15 012 002

This card uses the colour combination of Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant & Lucky Limeade.  Other than the crooked photography I’m not sure that I like this (or the next one!) as it is not really my style.  I decided that I wanted to use our new paper doilies so I started by stamping the car from the Road to Happiness on to one.   That is when I discovered that the doilies is actually textured which adds a bit of a pattern to the image.  Not sure if you can see it or not but but I stamped the flower stamp around the edge with Wisteria Wonder & then used Champaign Shimmer Paint to highlight the centres & added a few rhinestones as well. 

2012-09-15 012 004

Once again dreadful photography, but this card is meant to be crooked.  This colour combo is Elegant Eggplant, Summer Starfruit & Baja Breeze & features the ferris wheel from the Feeling Sentimental SAB set.

If you don’t have a Colour Coach yet, make sure you put it on your next order!

Happy Stamping!

Ann

Pin It

No comments:

Click Below To Contact Me