Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Birthday Bear

Pin It
I had to make a birthday card for a 1 year old girl the other day & really had to put my thinking cap on.  With mainly boys in the family, I don’t have many “girly” stamps.  While I was hunting through my stamps I came across a set that I never really liked & thought I would give it a try.  Well, it turned out that it was one of those cards that just “fell together”.  That is often the way when you step out of your comfort zone!
2012-08-14 002 002
Unfortunately the photo doesn’t look as good as the real thing.  I used the dancing bear from the  Under the Big Top stamp set & water coloured it.  The cardstock is Blushing Bride & Wisteria Wonder which has become one of my favourite colour combo’s.  I love how they compliment each other as they both have a grey undertone.  Now no little girls card would be complete without a bit of bling, so I dotted Dazzling Diamonds around the scallop circle & on the number 1.  Both this stamp set & Blushing Bride will be retiring on 31 August, so if you don’t have them in your collection, Email me now!

Happy Stamping
Ann
Pin It

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

Love the wee card - I thought she was a mouse ballerina??? Me thinks one of us needs our eyes testing - either way its a lovely kiddie's card & for the young at heart too

Click Below To Contact Me